07 October 2008







NEVER EVER DO FREELANCE WORK WITHOUT A SIGNED CONTRACT.


Doesn't matter who it is, or who they know, or if they are your best friend.
Damnit. Damnit. Damnit.


(Consider that lesson learned, bigtime.)


He even used my damn idea still! I'm not the suing type, but when it comes
to design work, and my ideas, you bet your ass I would have/ could have sued
the pants off that old man. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for Scott getting his illustrations published, but man did that guy (not Scott) screw me over big time.

I just get so mad, because I did everything and more that man wanted, and then he
just dropped me and my work and didn't pay for any of it. It's kinda like going to
a factory and working 12 hours, and overtime, and then at the end of the day the
company decides that it didn't really need you to do any of that work, and decides
it's not worth paying you. THEN they go ahead and pay someone else even more
money to use the work you just did and give them the credit.

That was my meal ticket. That was how I pay rent. That was how I survive.


GUH.


In other news, I just got back from the chiropractor. I have to go back tomorrow for the test results, and I have a feeling they may tell me I'm going to someday look like this guy:



And they gave me something to temporarily relieve the pain in my neck and shoulder. But when they gave me the bill...I should have just stayed in school just to have
insurance. That's all I'm going to say.



What a freaking day, and last night a meteorite hit the earth. No joke.




5 comments:

Dark Wizard said...

shit - I feel horrible.

I wish i could fix whatever happened, and I'm sorry/bummed about the whole situation.

if I had a time machine, which i usually ask you to borrow, I'd try and go back and change what happened

jb said...

yeah it's billy-- perpetually adorable enough to explode your head into candy.


i miss you too-- soon.
hang in there and watch your back sister.

i'm sorry this happened, let your mind go back to the bike riding [no hands...and fade away into the night]

melissa said...

That sucks! Seriously the second scenario actually did happen to me at the salon, i worked 71 hours and was payed for not even half of that. I told you, stay in school for the rest of your life! hahah

adam niemara said...

do you want me to beat up that old guy for you?

ill give him the bizness

daydream aesthetics said...

dude. that sucks. bigtime. you'll have to tell me about what happened. The same thing (kindof) happened to me too, except I dont know if they ever used my shit. But I did alot of work and didn't get paid. At the time i just shrugged it off. It's not right that your idea was still used. People pretty much suck. nuff said.