15 October 2008





Ayn Rand, two years before she died:

'What I've always thought was a sentence from some Greek philosopher -- I don't, unfortunately, remember who it was -- that I read at 16, and it's affected me all my life: "I will not die. It's the world that will end." And that's absolutely true.'



I've been really intrigued by watching videos of people like Ayn Rand, Isaac Asimov, and Kurt Vonnegut (can you tell I've been reading a lot of sci fi?). But what is so interesting to me is how when these people are being asked about their views on life, afterlife, and mostly religion (what do you mean you don't believe in God?) and are never really allowed to speak without being completely scrutinized for it. And if you know me then you know how I feel about these people and what they stood for. Just add it to the already long list of reasons why...






1 comment:

daydream aesthetics said...

ugh. i love Ayn Rand. And i've been watching a lot of her videos lately too.. weird! As usual, we seem to be on the same page. I suppose you can say, some things never change.